Newsletters – General Updates
Possibility of Faculty Strike FAQ
– Faculty can hold strike-vote after January 31st.
– A successful strike-vote does not mean a strike is inevitable, but that it can legally occur if negotiations do not proceed.
– Strike means withholding labour to collectively equalize the power dynamic between an employer and employee.
– Graduate student pay will not be affect.
– Support the faculty by standing alongside them on the picket line and remaining within the jurisdiction of your assigned duties.
December 2021 Newsletter
– Track your hours
– End of semester survey
– ULFA rally
– Bargaining will proceed in January 2022
– Join our stewards program
October 2021 Newsletter
– Non-monetary package finalized
– Proposal to meet with employer in November
– Upcoming education items (see education resources page)
– As of Nov 1st, students and employees on campus must be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2, masks and physical distancing still required